REMAIN IN COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS DURING COVID-19
As we all know, COVID-19 has spread uncertainty throughout the business world. For businesses, it is important to continue to communicate with your customers and potential customers to help thwart these uncertainty fears. The goal is to ensure them that your company remains ready to help with your products and services now and when the COVID-19 crisis ends. Be honest and open about what you can do for them now and in the future.
Community involvement, social media, email and direct postal mail are good ways to help get out your messages. Be sure you use the right channels to convey your message. Here are some tips and ideas for ways you can share your information.
Help your community
Support local efforts by donating to your local community. Some ideas include:
- Find a way to give thanks to those on the front line and other essential workers
- Providing free resources (informational guides, monetary donations)
- Offer discounts
Remember to get your business name out there and be honest about what you can provide right now. Being truthful will build loyalty and will strengthen your business relationships.
Use Digital Marketing Advertisements, Social Media and Email Marketing
More people are at home now using their internet to work from home, surf the internet, check social media and read their emails. This is a great opportunity to ramp up your email campaigns, digital ads and social media messages to keep your company in front of your customers and prospects, to help drive sales now and once the business world gets back to normal.
Check the message you have running now and revamp if necessary to match the tone of the current situation. Some messaging ideas:
- “Open Again!”
- “Let Us Help You”
- “Online Ordering Available”
- Highlight how the company is helping and supporting the community
Dunhill’s email data and broadcasting service will help you get your message out to prospective customers to let them know what products and services you have available now. With our Digital Adverting your message will show on the most popular websites. Sending direct mail to your prospect’s home is another way to make your company stand out and let those who are working from home know you are ready to help. For help with these services please email email@example.com or give us a call at 1-800-DUNHILL (386-4455).
In addition you may find that it is beneficial to focus efforts on Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Facebook Ads.
Update Google My Business & Bing Places for Business
Be sure to update your business information with the correct hours of operation, services offered, and events. These sites are easy, effective ways to convey information about your business to prospects and customers. Examples:
- Medical offices offering Telehealth services (add to your services section)
- Business/schools offering free training (add to your services section)
- Restaurants where seating is closed but offering curbside/home delivery/takeout (update services section)
- If you changed your business model to online ordering only (update in services).
Upload More Content to Your Website/Blog/Social Media
Create content about your company and industry. This can include:
- Record your company helping the local community
- Videos of staff handing out food, thanking essential workers, etc.
- Blog posts
- Tell your readers stories of your company’s efforts to help in the crisis
- Let readers know how you can help them once things start to return to normal
- Highlight customer testimonials
Posting new content will help keep your customers and potential customers engaged. Don’t forget that good quality content is often shared, and this will help place your business in the minds of more individuals.
With a little effort now, you will continue to remain on the minds of your customers and become a company to consider by your prospects now and when this crisis is over.
Give us a call 1-800-DUNHILL (386-4455) for help in sending out your direct marketing message now and after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.