National Change of Address (NCOA) information is available from the US Postal Service. It is a complete file of individuals and businesses who filed a permanent change of address notice with the post office during the previous 36 – 48 months.
Cleaning up your customer file with the NCOA process will save you time, money and increase your direct mail results. New rules put into place in 2008 require that you update your customer file every 95 days through a NCOA process prior to sending out a standard rate mailing to the names on that file. Our processing service takes your customer database, matches it up with the Postal Service’s NCOA file and updates your customer address with any moves up to 3.5 – 4 years old.
NCOA is normally less expensive than “Address Change Service” (ACS) or “Change Service Requested” (previously called “Address Correction Requested”). These services are offered after you have already mailed and they do not include forwarding, therefore, your direct mail piece will not reach its intended audience. NCOA directs your mail to the new address so it reaches its correct destination.
- Is a large portion of your mailing not getting delivered?
- Are your response rates down?
- With mailing costs on the rise and more that 40 million “moves” each year, NCOA processing is becoming more of a necessity than an option.
Benefits of using NCOA?
- Forwarding addresses are appended for movers.
- Reduces waste associated with non-delivery.
- Address changes can be uploaded to preserve your customer base.
- Free address standardization and Zip Code verification.
Request a quote or give us a call today to speak with one of our experienced appending solution specialists. Get the most from your customer files by using Dunhill NCOA service.